Nights can be dark

As I step out,
On dark cold nights,
I always feel that I’m being watched
Close by, being observed,
Sometimes a glance,
Sometimes a stare,
Mostly thoughtful,
Mostly I could hear them aloud.

‘She’s so beautiful’,
‘I wish she didn’t have those freckles’,
‘She’s so silent’,
‘She just makes me sad’,
The thoughts though mixed,
Are never in any way bad,
But the hidden nature within,
Is nothing but grim!

The things they do,
In front of me,
Pouring their darkness out,
Unleashing madness into the night.
I try not to look, I try to hide,
A part of myself,
Maybe to satisfy them,
Or to avoid my own agony.

But there are those,
Who step out to rejoice,
Celebrate my freedom,
My beauty and my flaws.
For them, I would keep coming,
Inspite of being pushed back,
And silence tormentors forever,
With a glow as strong as ever.

  - The Moon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts