Tranquility

Related image

The noise of inner emotions,
Arises plenty of perplexions.
My mind pleads for rest,
Heart wishes to break out of my chest.
To calm you down, what do I do?
Mind and heart, give me a clue.
I close my eyes and relax my mind,
Ask my heart to bring what it can find,
That gets me out of mental exhaustion,
Away from this world, into seclusion
The mind waited for meadows and sunshine,
Flora and fauna next in line.
Rivers and rafts, mountains and hills,
The white snowflakes and the wind's chills.
Instead it got me a vivid image,
Of a prodigious library in vintage.
Books sorted on numerous bays,
Count them all in countless days.
The musty scent of old pages,
Covered by the dust of ages.
The scene rises an inner desire,
My eyes glow like glimmering fire.
The trail begins to find a book,
I travel between racks like Captain Hook.
I pick a classic and end the adventure,
And taste success like I've found treasure.
I take it to a dim yellow lighted corner,
Making the temperature more warmer.
As I read the rich words for a while,
My eyes slowly open and I smile.

Comments

Popular Posts